ABOUT SHAW IMAX THEATRE SYSTEM
- Shaw Theatres JCube is cinema operator’s latest multiplex and it opened on 5 April with 7 screens, including an IMAX theatre (Singapore’s second)
- The total number of seats at JCube is 1,001. The number of seats for the IMAX hall at JCube is 159 for 2D and 124 for 3D.
- Shaw Theatres is the exclusive partner of IMAX in Singapore, and Shaw Theatres LIDO IMAX is Singapore’s first IMAX’s Digital Theatre System.
- IMAX’s Digital Theatre System is the world’s most immersive movie experience
- Shaw Theatres IMAX Digital Theatres follow strict guidelines laid out by IMAX. IMAX’s patented theatre geometry maximises your field of vision, and along with the projector’s dual image technology, special silver-coated screen and proprietary loudspeaker technology, provide the most immersive cinematic experience. The hall features a steeper gradient to ensure close proximity to screen for all viewers.
- The IMAX Experience is recognised around the world as of the highest-quality and most immersive cinematic experience ever created. Movie fanatics were willing to wait two to three weeks for seats to the IMAX versions of major blockbusters like Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2, and Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol at Shaw Theatres LIDO IMAX!
- The upcoming IMAX movie NOT to be missed will be Christopher Nolan’s epic conclusion to the The Dark Knight Trilogy. The movie opens in IMAX Digital on 19 July 2012. Half of the movie is shot with IMAX film cameras! Only in the IMAX theatre will these scenes expand on screen to reveal even more details and bring to life the jaw-dropping, explosive action.
& thanks to OMY.sg and SHAW organization, we were treated to watch The Amazing Spider-man in 3D!
I usually hate to watch movies in 3D because of the glasses. The most common irritant of wearing a pair of 3D glasses (especially when you are wearing spectacles already) is how easily it would slip down my nose (yah yah yah, I have a flat nose) but I was pleasantly surprised by IMAX’s 3D glasses. Big, comfortable and it wouldn’t slip at all. Despite the goodness, it still has this flaw where we could still spot blurry parts of the scene from time to time. But it is okay, since it is a pretty common mistake (might be because of how the 3D portions in the movie are arranged too).
Here’s a photo of the Harry Potter casts wearing it! Look big and good right? :)
WHERE’S SHAW IMAX IN JCUBE?
It is all the way up at level 4, where you can clearly see the whole iceskating rink at level 3. :)